Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Gloria, our New Zealand Doe

This is a pen I modified to make into a makeshift tractor while Gloria is in quarantine.  We just bought her along with the buck we had to cull so I'm making extra sure she's clean.

 The pen was a double hutch we got off CL last year.  It's about 8' long by 30" deep.  I took the divider out to make it one big pen for her.
 Since it used to house two rabbits, the center is a piece of plywood for them to sit on and there is wire on either end.  I replaced the hardware cloth on one side with 2x4 wire so she can eat grass through it.   I will eventually do the same to the other side.
Here she is on having her first grazed meal probably ever.  Didn't take her long to figure out what to do! :D  I covered the one end with tarp so she can hide and stay out of the weather.  It's not as dark as I thought it would be in there and she seems to appreciate the hidey-hole.

No comments:

Post a Comment