Sunday, April 8, 2012

Settling In


I spent some time brushing both of the boys out today.  What a relaxing, meditative experience!  I love hanging with the rabbits, and brushing them is even more relaxing.  I have named the chestnut Dapper Dan, and I already told you the chocolate torte is named Samuel (Sammy).  

Dan was in much better shape than Sammy after an overnight with straw bedding and alfalfa hay to eat.  I had to spend a lot of time getting hay out of Sammy's coat, but I think once they are getting regularly brushed, hay shouldn't be as much of an issue. 

Here's Sammy figuring out what to do with that green stuff at his feet:

Dan says, "You can't find me!"  He was really good while being brushed, but felt much safer going right back up on the platform.  He'll relax soon enough, but for now he can have his space and do what makes him feel comfortable.

Isn't Sammy a handsome boy?  Such a big fluff ball.  His fur was blowing in the breeze, and you could really see the striping.  This is such a fun experience!

Do you remember Popples from the 80s?  He looks so much like one here that I had to remember.  Now to just roll him up into a little ball...

While our rabbits may not come from eggs, they sure are a great way to celebrate an Easter day.  I hope you and yours have enjoyed this day of peace and celebration.

No comments:

Post a Comment